Pre-register for tryouts by completing our online form!
- What should we expect at tryouts? Athletes can pre-register for tryouts or walk-in the day of. They must have a valid USAV membership, Mindset Athlete Registration Form, and tryout fee. Time slots are offered for each age group with a quick family information session at the beginning of each slot. Families are not required to stay for the duration of the tryout. Athletes are evaluated by Mindset VBC coaches on effort, attitude, and skill through a variety of drills and activities. Families can expect to receive a call regarding a decision within a few hours of their tryout slot, 24 hours at maximum. A deposit that goes toward the total season fee is required upon commitment.
- What if we can’t make tryouts that day? Contact Club Director Randy Satovitz as soon as possible for potential alternative arrangements. To make tryouts a fair opportunity for all athletes, please make your best effort to attend the scheduled tryout day.
- What is the regular season cost? $1,750. Uniform package and tournament fees included.
- When will I know who my teammates are/which team I’m on? Specific teams (Red, White, Black) are not decided at tryouts. Teams are formed after the entire age group practices together for a few weeks.
- How many teams are there per age group? Mindset VBC typically has 2 to 3 teams per age group, depending on the number of athletes who register. The club strives to keep each team small in order to maximize individual athlete attention and growth.
- When is the club season? Mindset VBC’s season runs from September to March with practices held 2-3 times weekly. An extended season is available from April to June.
- Where are practices & tournaments held? Click here for the most updated information. Mindset VBC teams practice in Glenview, Niles, Morton Grove, and Mt. Prospect. Tournaments are often located within an hour’s drive (or less) of the area.
- What do fees include? All gear is included in the cost. Other clubs have uniform packages that range from $150 and higher. Season costs include instruction, coaches’ fees, tournament entry fees, court time, a team jersey, hoodie, backpack, and t-shirt. Discounts are available for returning players and siblings. See payment options here.
- What if my athlete plays multiple sports? Mindset VBC understands other school and club sport commitments. Communication with coaches is vital in this situation. Mindset VBC expects effort from the athlete to attend practices & tournaments when there is no major overlap.
Contact Club Director & Master Coach Randy Satovitz with questions: 847-401-1331 or email@example.com