Pre-register for tryouts by completing our online form!
- What should we expect at tryouts? Athletes can pre-register for tryouts or walk-in the day of. They must have a valid USAV membership, Mindset Athlete Registration Form, and tryout fee. Time slots are offered for each age group with a quick family information session at the beginning of each slot. Families are not required to stay for the duration of the tryout. Athletes are evaluated by Mindset VBC coaches on effort, attitude, and skill through a variety of drills and activities. Families can expect to receive a call regarding a decision within a few hours of their tryout slot, 24 hours at maximum. A deposit that goes toward the total season fee is required upon commitment.
- What if we can’t make tryouts that day? Contact Club Director Randy Satovitz as soon as possible for potential alternative arrangements. To make tryouts a fair opportunity for all athletes, please make your best effort to attend the scheduled tryout day.
- When will I know who my teammates are/which team I’m on? Specific teams are not decided at tryouts. Teams are formed after the entire age group practices together for several weeks.
- How many teams are there per age group? Mindset VBC typically has 2 to 3 teams per age group, depending on the number of registered athletes. The club strives to keep each team small in order to maximize individual athlete attention and growth.
- Where are practices & tournaments held? Click here for the most updated information. Mindset VBC teams practice in Glenview, Niles, Morton Grove, and Mt. Prospect. Tournaments are often located within an hour’s drive of the area.
- What if my athlete plays multiple sports? Mindset VBC understands other school and club sport commitments. Communication with coaches is vital in this situation. Mindset VBC expects effort from the athlete to attend practices & tournaments when there is no significant overlap.
Contact Club Director & Master Coach Randy Satovitz with questions: 847-401-1331 or email@example.com