Skip to content
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is club volleyball? Club volleyball is a competitive opportunity for athletes to improve their volleyball skills beyond the scope of school-based teams. It is governed by USA Volleyball (USAV); Mindset VBC is part of the Great Lakes Region.
- What programs do you offer? Mindset VBC runs regional tournament teams, practice squads (no tournaments), sand volleyball, park district clinics, and private lessons. The following information mostly pertains to our traditional club/regional tournament teams. Check out the Mindset Difference!
- What should I expect at tryouts? Athletes can pre-register for tryouts or walk-in. They must have a valid USAV membership, Mindset Athlete Registration Form, and tryout fee. 1.5 hour time slots are offered for each age group with a parent information session held concurrently. Athletes are evaluated by Mindset VBC coaches on effort, attitude, and skill through a variety of drills and activities. Families can expect to receive a call within 24 hours regarding a decision. A deposit that goes toward the total season fee is required upon commitment. Practice squads do not require a tryout.
- When is the club season? Mindset VBC’s season runs from mid-October to March with practices held 2-3 times weekly. An extended season is available from April to June. Practice squad typically runs from November to June.
- Where are practices & tournaments held? Click here for the most updated information. Mindset VBC teams practice in Glenview, Niles, Morton Grove, and Mt. Prospect. Tournaments are often located within an hour’s drive (or less) of the area.
- What do fees include? All gear is included in the cost. Other clubs have uniform packages that range from $150 and higher. Season costs include instruction, coaches’ fees, tournament entry fees, court time, a team jersey, hoodie, backpack, t-shirt, and other Mindset VBC gear. Discounts are available for returning players and siblings. See payment options here.
- What if my athlete plays multiple sports? Mindset VBC understands other school and club sport commitments. Communication with coaches is vital in this situation. Mindset VBC expects effort from the athlete to attend practices & tournaments when there is no major overlap.
- How do I order Mindset VBC apparel and merch? Multiple times throughout the season, virtual team shops are available. Athletes and their families will be notified and have the opportunity to order online.
- Where can I learn more? Watch videos on rotations, officials’ hand signals, and how to keep score here. Find resources for at-home volleyball drills and conditioning here. Contact Club Director Randy Satovitz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top of page